Tai'an River Tracing 泰安溯溪活動
Time & Location
About the Event
- Meet at the back parking lot near Tai'an, at the Shuiyun Suspension Bridge, NO LATER THAN 8:00 AM. We will leave promptly at 8. IMPORTANT: Please do not stop at the front parking lot, we will meet at this back parking lot! To get there, pass the narrow gate next to the guard shack and bathrooms and stop just before the two track.
- Trace until around 12, eat lunch at a suitable spot.
- Leave in the evening, perhaps as late as 5 pm.
- Further details below.
Provide your own.
Gear (provide your own):
- Tracing shoes (you can get these at Metroasis). DO NOT wear flip flops, sandals, or anything that is not water shoes! I highly recommend high tops that end above your ankles, not low tops. Otherwise, sand and rocks will get in and hurt your feet.
- Clothes that can get wet / torn / etc (NOT COTTON!!!).
- Waterproof tracing packs recommended. DO NOT bring things in a plastic bag or any easily broken pack!
- Life jackets mandatory for anyone who can't swim well. Individuals decide this for themselves.
- Helmets optional for this specific trace.
Food and water (bring your own):
- A decent lunch you can carry on your back. Make sure this is well waterproofed!
- Snacks to eat along the way. Make sure they are well waterproofed!
- 2 liters of water and/or your own water filter. Don't underestimate the need to keep hydrated!
- Taian is known for its 'hot spring,' but this is actually a private thing in a building. There will be no hot spring on this trace.
There's easy, medium, and adventurous! 🈶 Easy, medium, 和 adventurous 三個等級
The trace starts with a 20 minute or so walk across a bridge overlooking the river, then up a small hill, down the other side, and along a short boardwalk section. We then arrive at the first destination, this nice double waterfall and swimming area. Next, we walk about 15 minutes along a trail in the jungle and cross the river to arrive at the second destination, Shuiyun Waterfall. Then, we continue tracing upstream and very quickly arrive at this pretty place. After that, we continue upstream through places that look like this and this. Finally, we will end up at the second major waterfall. It is about the same size as Shuiyun, but very few people know about it. If it has a name, nobody I know knows what it is! This is the adventurous part: Those who want can stay below and enjoy the pool and view. Those who want adventure can climb up the side of the waterfall on ropes to see a bit of what lies beyond, and get a great view from above!
Please sign up for email updates to this, I will be sending photos
Meet at Tai'an NO LATER THAN 8:00 AM. We will leave promptly at 8.泰安溫泉風景特定區後面停車場
Double waterfall and swimming area